12.25.2009

Back to the basics.

Whew. I'm still amazed its almost 2010. We're finally out of the "o something" years. And yes, those awesomely funny looking glasses we've been wearing since 2000 can no longer be done-truly sad. So as a New Year approaches and the talk of everything "new" and all resolutions are beginning to be made I was reminded of something new I was given. And reminded how I had been made new. Something I rarely have dwelled on.

It has been a battle, every day, and I have fallen short of God's glory immensely. And growing up I treated Jesus like I did my school work. Which, considering I went to a Christian school, wasn't hard. I thought everybody knew about Jesus. I just thought He was another subject you studied. It even took me till fourth grade to figure out that Kinkaid wasn't a Christian school. I just assumed every private school was. I knew everything I thought there was to know about Jesus.

The summer after sixth grade I was at Camp Tallowood(church camp) and I got my first glimpse of God and who He REALLY was. It blew my mind away. I never knew God wanted to have a relationship with me. I just thought I was supposed to sing songs about Him, not actually talk to Him and converse with Him. My world was turned upside down.

Honestly, daily I don't have that "blown away" feeling about God like I did at first. Lately I've been treaty Him just like I did when I was younger, like a chore. My relationship with God has become something I felt I needed to do, instead of something I wanted to do. It's been so long since I wanted God and wanted to draw closer to Him. At first I wanted to soak up everything I could about God, and now I've reached a point of pride where think I know everything. But I've recently been reminded that with God you can never know everything. I will still be learning new things till the day I die.

I'm trying to be simple with my relationship with God and go back to the beginning, where it all began. To be in awe of the cross, being renewed each day by His grace and mercy. To fully comprehend who I am and who He is. To treat God the way He deserves.

My prayer right now is that God would become my everything, like He used to be. God truly loves us. And that is something that will take me this lifetime and the next to fully comprehend.

No comments: