11.11.2011

Because I so easily forget

I'm thankful that the Lord gave me two parents who love and support me no matter what. I'm thankful for the way they have raised me and the woman of God that they continually push me and challenge me to be. I'm thankful for the Godly examples they have set for me and my brother.

I'm thankful to have a brother who is always there for me. I'm thankful for his wisdom and understanding. I'm thankful for the times he has let me sit in his car and yell and cry and work through whatever was going on my life. I'm thankful for the opportunity to share life with him at MC and see the great man he has become.

I'm thankful to attend MC and the way the Lord got me here. I'm thankful to walk on a campus daily that feels like home. I'm thankful for professors who know my name and the fact that I can get across campus in less than five minutes. I'm thankful for the way I can see the Lord on this campus. I'm thankful for the way I have been challenged here and the people the Lord has placed in my life. I'm thankful for the encouragement I have received and the community that the Lord has placed around me here. I know this is where the Lord wants me.

I'm thankful for my tribe here at MC. I'm thankful for the way it has challenged me. I'm thankful for the rush process and how I learned to truly depend on God through it. I'm thankful for late night follies practices, and broken black lights. I'm thankful for 7 a.m. pledge breakfasts and waking up at 6:57. I'm thankful for the peace the Lord has given me through it all.

I'm thankful for Pinelake and the way I have felt at home there. I'm thankful that they faithfully preach the word and for the way the Lord speaks to me through it. I'm thankful for their passion for missions. I'm thankful for the opportunity, Lord willing, to join them on a mission trip to France and for their heart towards the French people.

I'm thankful for the girls that, bless their hearts, live with me. I'm thankful for late night disney sing alongs and screamfests.

I'm thankful that life hasn't been easy and that I'm out of my comfort zone. I'm thankful that I serve a God who is faithful and sovereign over us.

I'm thankful for reminders, those wake up calls that help you remember who you are and whose you are.

I'm thankful for restful weekends and movie nights with my suite mate.

I'm thankful for thankfulness. Praise God that He has graciously continued to bless me despite my unfaithfulness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for you! and three hour cross-continental skype convos. :]

cal+claire said...

I miss you friend! I'm thankful that God is still working in you after you've gone to college!