7.15.2012

I think one of the greatest lessons in life one can learn is selflessness.

I don't say this because I've learned it yet. But the idea that my life is in no way about me has come to the forefront of my thoughts.

It all started with the pursuit of excellence and a thousand tiny baby dragonflies.

Realizing that you can work harder in your life than you ever have and never get the thanks you deserve for it can discourage you.

For me, it was to the point that I wanted to take my eyes off what I was doing. I wanted to fix my gaze on something else.

But then you have to know you're actions are held to a high standard. It's the pursuit of excellence.

It doesn't matter if no one notices it, your actions must strive towards excellence.

We serve a God who deserves everything we have. He doesn't deserve our half efforts or human way of thinking. He doesn't want our logic or high thoughts. He just wants our lives. He wants our heart.

That's it.

It is not about me.

So no matter how uncomfortable I am, how tired I am, how annoyed I am, it doesn't matter.

Because it's not about me.

It's Jesus. It's about Jesus. It's for Jesus. It's in Jesus. It's through Jesus.

I am just the clay. I am solely a mouthpiece.

So help me in my selfishness. Keep me accountable in learning this lesson. Bring me back when I go astray for I am so human and I am merely flesh.

No comments: