11.21.2010

Paths

I opened up the door and looked for a place to dump out the ice. The building seemed to be surrounded by flower beds, so I traveled down the stairs with the semi-large blue cooler. I reached the grass and proceeded to turn the cooler over to let the ice run out. I looked up and that's when it all clicked.

In front of me was a pond. It was a large pond, almost a mini-lake. To my right rested a cabin on the lake, while directly in front of me on the other side was an old, very small chapel. In the middle of the pond was a land bridge, so to speak. And on this land bridge were about seven to ten light posts, about waist high, each with a brightly lit lamp.

This represented my life and how the Lord was never going to leave me in the dark. He already has my path laid out, I just have to trust Him and walk in the way of the light. Right now, I'm standing at a crossroads. I've hit a fork in the road. And the Lord has not lit the next lamp, yet. But I have to trust that He will and that wherever He leads, I will follow.

No comments: