12.07.2010

Life behind a lense

I love to celebrate. I love having a reason to jump around and scream. This past Saturday, I was in the perfect place.

For our football team's playoff run, I have turned into a makeshift photographer for the newspaper as our photographers were busy elsewhere. Funny story is, I fell in love with photography, and was privileged with a front seat view to one of the most historic games in all of our schools history.

Taking photos at the football games has been a blessing. For the first time, I really saw my school. As a photographer, I had to be attentive to all that was going on around me. I had to be concerned with something other than myself, and I had to take myself out of the picture. The Lord showed me during these games, the people that I've spent the last three years with. He showed me their passion, their integrity, and their beauty.



Saturday's win was a surprise, but a good one. Standing on the field with about 7,000 people celebrating behind me in the stands as the clock winded down was an experience I will never forget. I felt like I was dropped in the middle of a movie like Remember the Titans or Facing the Giants. The front page of the Anvil is beautiful to say the least and has a nice, CAN'T TOUCH THIS, headline.

Senior year has sent me searching for my identity. But I'm thankful that the Lord has finally gripped my heart and grabbed my attention. I'm finally listening, and uncovering who I really am. Everything that I've fought for so long, I am now accepting, and accepting with gladness. I've been asking the Lord "where do you want me to go?". And I think He just might be calling me to say right where I am, in a sense. What does all this mean? I don't know, I'm just 18. I don't have all the answers. But thankfully, I know someone who does.

No comments: