12.30.2010

As far as this whole college process goes, I'm extremely impatient. A few nights ago I'd had enough. I've always tried to go to the Lord with the right attitude, and I feel that to pray to God I had to have everything sorted out. But I've been so frustrated with the Lord lately that I just flat out stopped talking to Him. But a couple of days ago, I finally let it all out. I was angry at the Lord, frustrated, and just plain sick and tired of waiting around for Him and His timing.

It was just what I needed and it felt good. I finally got somewhere with God. Even though my prayer consisted mainly of me complaining and ranting to the Lord, it was honest and raw. I feel that we as Christians often hide our struggles. We hide behind masks and walls both in front of God and the people around us. But the reality is none of us ever have everything under control or are struggle free. And I feel that we as Christians should be more open about what we're really going through, especially with God. He already knew that I was angry and frustrated with Him before I ever told Him, but it was nice to finally voice my struggles. It was freeing to let the Lord come in the fort I had hid inside.

I once saw a bumper sticker on someone's car that said "Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven." I think we as Christians become so caught up in what other's think about us, that we start to believe that we should be free of sin. But being a follower of Christ is just the opposite. We are sinful creatures. Even though we are Christians, we still slip up. That's why Christ died. And we should embrace our struggles and praise the Lord for the undeserved grace that He gave us knowing that with Christ we have hope, even in the midst of a storm.

No comments: