1.05.2011

"Are you trusting God right now? Remember that being obedient to what He has called you to is best. Know the Lord has created you as a unique treasure."

Today I received the letter I had written to myself back at Pine Cove this summer, and stuffed inside the envelope was a notecard from my counselor with the above words on it.

I am continually amazed at the way the Lord works, and at the way the Lord reveals His plan. I know His plan is perfect. I know full well. I've read verses about it, I've heard sermons about it, and I've heard stories about it. For a while, the thought has just been implanted in my head as a fact, and it hadn't really made it to my heart to where I believed it.

I love the Lord's timing. I love that the Lord speaks in unexpected ways. I love that the Lord reassures us when we step out in faith.

At the end of my letter I wrote to myself "The Lord is faithful. Put your hope in Him and you will never be disappointed. Rest in that today."

I love that that was exactly what I needed to hear today.

No comments: