12.23.2010

My #1 Advocate

Christmas is always a dual celebration at our house. Turns out my Mimi and Jesus have the same birthday. Who knew she was THAT old? But that's besides the point.

To tell you that my grandmother is selfless, caring, and joyful would do no good because I feel like those are words you can pin on almost anybody. My Mimi is not just anybody. She exemplifies 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I love getting a call from my grandmother, especially on days where I feel far from the Lord. She will listen on the other end as I tell her all that is going on. And before she hangs up she always says "Now Mary Helen, I just want you to know that you are being prayed for constantly, you don't ever forget that." And it's on those days, that I need that reminder the most.

My Mimi would do anything for just about anybody. She puts others needs before herself. She would drive half way around the world to get something for one of us if we asked. I know that if the whole world failed me, my Mimi would still have my back.

Lately I've realized the importance of who my Mimi has been to me. And I think it will take me a very long time to fully understand all she has done for me. She is an amazing blessing in my life daily, and one that I don't deserve. She loves on me, cares for me, and prays for me.

Besides Jesus, she's my #1 advocate.

No comments: