12.13.2010

For all purposes of probably jumping the gun, here are my college goals. Yes, I know I'm still not even a second semester senior. But, in the process of trying to pick a college I have found that to have peace about my decision, I have to get some things straight, which has gotten me thinking "what do I want to accomplish in the next four years of my life?". Here's what I've come up with:

1. To glorify God; Above everything else, I want this to be my driving force. I want to be driven by what will make God's name known, and not seek to better myself.
2. To seek God; I want the Lord to reign sovereign in my life. I want to reach a point where He is enough for me.
3. To lose myself; I want to become selfless. College can not be about me. I want to wake up in the morning concerned less about myself than about God and His Kingdom.
4. To be myself; I've always tried to be someone I'm not. I desire to be the women the Lord created me to be, and to use the talents God gave me to serve Him.
5. To find community; I want to find a church that serves the Lord and plug into it. And not necessarily a church as in a building, but a community. I want to be apart of something like the early church in Acts.

These are my goals. And as long as Jesus leads, I'll follow Him wherever, even if that means I'm not necessarily going to be comfortable.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Hey friend! What colleges are you looking at? Are you still considering MC?