4.22.2011

Shaken.


Passion was a whirlwind. One that I am still continuing to learn from. One of the most vivid moments I have from that weekend was during a song called Set Free by Chris Tomlin. Now I had bought the Passion CD a week or two before the actual event and fell in love with the song even before I got there. Set Free is basically a Christian version of a pump up song. So when we were in one of the main sessions and Chris Tomlin began to sing Set Free, I was ready to just go crazy. Luckily, one of my friends next to me was also loving the song and we went crazy together.

There's a line in the song that says "And we'll dance, dance, dance in Your freedom. O your glorious freedom, forever more." And basically everyone in the arena starts jumping up and down and dancing like fools for the Lord.

So there was about 10,000 students at this conference. And there are now at this point 10,000 students dancing for the Lord. It was a beautiful sight. But all the sudden my friend next to me stops dancing, waits a few seconds, and then turns to me and says:

"Mary Helen, can you feel it? The ground is shaking."

Sometimes I wish I could relive that moment over and over again. 10,000 college students jumping and dancing all for the glory of God. But then I think about how 10,000 of us are now scattered around the globe carrying the name of Jesus. One of the coolest things I took away from Passion is that I am not alone. There are still thousands of students and adults who passionately love the Lord and want to serve them with their life. Now, every time I look at my wristband I am reminded of that moment when the ground was shaking and how it must still be shaking because 10,000 plus of us are out there carrying the name that is above every name.

#It'sgotime #Jesusmovement

No comments: