4.26.2011


Over the past year, the foundation of my faith has been cracked. I've been looking for some concrete answers, something on which to hold, something where I can say with confidence "this is why I believe what I believe." But I haven't found that solid evidence. In fact, I'm realizing that I shouldn't be seeking a concrete answer.

Think about it. If there were some evidence that was obvious and unquestionable that Jesus Christ is Lord, then there would be no need for faith, no need for trust, and really no need for Christ.

I believe the answer is in the eyes.

Just look at those who follow Christ when they talk about the Lord. It makes me think about my pastor and how he always has a certain radiance when preaching, or my sunday school teacher sophomore year who would get goose bumps when teaching a lesson.

I was watching a video of the Passion World Tour (if you don't know what Passion is all about go check out www.268generation.com. It is seriously worth your time.) and Louie Giglio, who heads up Passion, was talking about a man that helped coordinate Passion Tokyo. The man originally didn't want to help out because it was a Christian conference, but decided to do it anyway.

He ended up hanging around the conference center the night of Passion Tokyo to see what it was all about. He came back and told Louie the next day:

"I've never seen anything like tonight. The eyes of the young people tonight were shinning, and there was something different in the room. "

It's us. We are the proof that Jesus is Lord.

"But the Lord said to ananias, 'Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name.'" Acts 9:15

*All picture credit goes to Passion Conferences.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Hey! I would love to talk to you more about it, call me. I saw you at church Sunday (we went to Tallowood) but didn't get to you before you had left!