8.19.2010

Marge goes to camp(and San Diego)

This post is long overdue. I promised Margaret a post about camp a long time ago. But you remember margaret right? Plays the french horn, likes to cook, etc...


Well she went to Camp Tallowood for the first time last summer(after much, much prodding). And here was her response on the last day.

Well she came back again this year.

Hah.

And she was pumped. Haha.

I then had the amazing privilege to spend 11 strait days with her in San Diego. I learned there that she is actually a combination of a four year old and a very old wise person, and that she is a great friend.

One night we ate dinner at Smash Burgers and I accidentally ordered a salad with blue cheese. And when I received it, it not only had blue cheese, but was covered in it. Margaret, seeing that I was essentially not eating my salad, offered to trade(even though she too did not have an incling toward the stuff). So I got to eat her blue cheese free salad, while she picked through my infested one. It seems now as I'm writing this not a big deal, she switched salad's with me, so what? But at that moment, I couldn't have been more grateful. In that small act she sacrificed something of hers for me. I saw that true friendship is not about me, and what I can get out of it, but what I can give to others.

I'm just going to take a moment and brag about Marge. She's probably going to kill me for this. She has a great attitude, one that I strive to have. In those eleven days in San Diego, where we were never more than six feet from each other, I learned that she has a great heart for the Lord. On the trip we wrote letters to each other and swapped them every other day. Through those letters we grew as friends. We were able to tell each other things through writing that we normally wouldn't say out loud. We got to the gist of things. It was our friendship at its core. I don't deserve her friendship, but I'm so thankful for it. She probably has way cooler people to hang out with than me.

She even let me put her hair in pigtails. So here is the proof she actually is a four year old prodigy.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

1. Where are the other excited-for-camp videos?!
2. I did already tell you about the assassin, right?
3. You're kind enough that you could dress up as Santa and people would believe it, despite your physique.

cal+claire said...

OH Margaret. I miss both of you.