8.04.2010

A little bit of everything.

Disclaimer: This post is very random and may not make sense.

I've reached a point where the Lord is asking me the question of whether or not I really trust Him. I have my life planned out in my head (or at least the next year). To me everything seems to fit perfectly. The puzzle pieces are all lined up. My plans for this year, my plans for next summer, college(sorta). I was thinking tonight what if the Lord shattered my plans. My mom always told me not to play what if, but the though really struck me. God knows what's going to happen in my life. His plan is perfect, but do I really believe that? Especially if His plans don't line up with mine. It always scares me to think that things won't work out the way I want them to, but when that happens I find myself in the shelter of the Most High which I've found is a pretty sweet place to be.

I read a really cool quote the other day about scripture that said "I picked up a Bible. I waited for that nice rush that comes from holding a worn, loved copy of the Scriptures. Bibles like that have their own heat. They've been prayed over, cried on, sung with, stroked and gripped and loved so hard they just emote-just by being touched-that human loam and steam and hope that faith gives off." Beth Moore wrote in response to this "Think how thankful you are that God wrote something you can hold to your chest, rock back and forth, when your heart is shattered and your sight too blurred to read." In this bible study I'm in we've been studying a book alongside the scripture. And today we were talking about the book Radical (which by the way is a fabulous book) and we were getting somewhere. But once we pulled out our bibles and started to pick apart this one passage the whole atmosphere changed. It really struck me in that moment how powerful God's word is. Our pastor once said "a person's Bible that is falling apart, life usually isn't".

The passage we looked at today was from John 13. It was when Jesus washed his disciples feet. My youth minister had us imagine that scene, the emotion, and the feelings of the disciples. I saw the love of Christ and how Christ was the ultimate picture of humility. He was willing to serve them, to sit and wash their feet. And then he said in verses 14-15 "Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one an other's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done." Christ gives us a cool challenge here. I've been thinking lately about friendship and how it's not about what you get out of it but what you give. I want to follow Christ's example here and love others like He did. I want to serve my friends, my family, and other believers.

So I never know how to end these blog posts. I feel like I should wrap up everything into a nice neat little bow or do a curtsy. I feel the need to say something like "I'm struggling with this, but don't worry I've got it under control" even when I don't. I haven't got much figured out.

(Insert well-written ending here).

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

Haha, sometimes it stinks because the blog entries (at least mine do) have to end on a bad note. its like "I'm sorry world, but my life is not a 30 minute sitcom"
it's good to grow though, isn't it.