8.21.2010

Parents.

It used to really frustrate me how my parents always wanted to know where I was and what I was doing. They wait up for me when I go out, and they always want me to text them when I move from point A to point B. But something about them tonight struck a chord in me.

As I got home from babysitting, my mom was up waiting for me. But as I made the small 15 second walk from my car to the back door I realized something. My mom was watching for me. She knew when my car drove up in the front of our house. She normally greets me at the back door asks me a few questions, and if it is really late usually just lets me mosey up to my room. But usually she'll want to know the who, what , when, etc.

It was in those moments that I got a glimpse of my heavenly father. How He waits up for us, when we've gone out to do our own things. He's always home. He's watching out for us, and wants to know what's going on in our lives. He wants to hear us tell Him where we've been.

As I was walking to the back door I never felt more secure. I knew nothing was going to happen to me. My mom was looking out for me just like The Lord watches out for us. In Him we find our security, and our protection.

I never knew that my parents never could sleep untill I came home from events and such. Likewise God's not going to fall asleep on us. God stands vigil over us. He's not going anywhere.

School starts Monday. I might post more later about that. But in short I've been scared of losing God when school happens. I'm afraid I might chase other things besides Him. But seeing my parents tonight and how faithful they are to me brought to my mind the truth that God is faithful. Such a simple concept, but it's a pretty sweet one to hold onto.