7.11.2010

Being content.

There are some days where I'm really frustrated with who I am. I'm frustrated that I'm where I am. I'm frustrated I'm still in high school. I'm frustrated that I'm only 18. I'm frustrated that I'm not where I want to be with the Lord. Frustrated that I have to wait for the Lord to reveal His plans to me. Frustrated that I mess up.

I feel so unworthy. I don't even know why I write this blog. I don't want it to be about me, but somehow I always make it that way. I want to impress people. I want people to think I'm wise, etc.

I care so much about other people's opinion. I struggle with this a whole whole lot.

The Lord has been teaching me the past couple days to be content with who I am and where I am. God's plain is perfect, and I shouldn't question it. I still have one more year of high school for a reason. I'm 18 for a reason. I'm who I am for a reason. I struggle for a reason.

I'm thrilled to be a senior, but I'm also scared. I'm excited to see where the Lord is going to lead me and what He is going to teach me, but I'm also afraid of losing Him along the way.

I can't wait to go back to my school. This is my last year there. That's crazy. I pray that the Lord would work in me this year.

So now you know a little bit more about who writes this blog. An insecure, messed up, struggling, high school senior. The Lord has a lot of work to do in me. And for once, I think I'm ok with that.

No comments: