7.26.2010

Where to start?

According to the clock on my computer it is 11:05. According to my body, it is 9:05. Now normally that fact would bring me to many other places, and most primarily my bed. But tonight it has brought me here. I should probably write about San Diego, right?
But where do I start? The plane ride? Our first concert? The first day of mission work? I've found lately that word's have not done this trip justice. That every time I try to compile my thoughts they somehow slip out of my head before I can get them down. I try to talk about it and everything becomes cheesy and cliché, but it was the farthest from that. On Sunday we sang at Lake Avenue Church. The pastor there made an interesting point in his sermon when he said that it has been determined that communication is 90% body language (or 80% or something like that, I paid attention I promise).
I've been thinking a lot about what a writer is, and what its role is in society (trying to figure out college and majors has done this to me). How does a writer paint a picture? How do they convey what they want to say? I think the best picture we can paint is our lives. Writing is great. But I can sit here and ramble on forever about The Lord and who He is in my life but until you see me live that out, everything I write is baseless. Words are nothing without action.
This is a huge challenge to me. I would like to say hold me to what I have just written, but I know I'm going to mess up. I so badly want the Lord to be everything to me all day, everyday, but He's not. There's days where I want to run far from The Lord. But I'm thankful at this moment that The Lord isn't finished with me yet.

"May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it." 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

No comments: