7.03.2010

Found in You.

There is so much to say. And my head is spinning. (Not literally) but you get the point. I'll start by saying that The Lord is moving me and moving in me. And I'm so thankful for that. It's going to take a while for me to process these past few weeks.

But in the past 14 days or so I cried. And I laughed. And I danced. And jumped. And wept. And broke.

Well, it was a rainy weeks at the Shores. It poured everyday except Sunday and Monday. And I was probably the only one who enjoyed that. I had never been at Pine Cove when it rained before. In fact, it has never been anything but blue skies and sunshine as far as I can remember. But I experienced a new side of Pine Cove this week, and from that a new side of the Lord.

If you've never been to the Shores, it's gorgeous to say the least. I'll try to post a picture sometime so you can get what I'm talking about. Basically the whole camp is on a hill or incline per say and at the bottom is Lake Palestine. And normally on a clear non-raining day you can sit on the shore and see the other side of the lake. It's far away but you can see that there are houses and civilization on the other side. Essentially, you can see the other side.

But when a storm hits all you see is what looks like a mist. And the other side of the lake disappears. You can't see the other side.

I know I'm walking into a whirlwind. I know life with Christ is a struggle and a fight. Paul writes in 1 Timothy 6:12 "Fight the good fight of faith". I know there is a storm waiting for me. And it's going to mess up plans. And at points I'm not going to be able to see God's plan or the other side of it.

But I have a refuge. And I need refuge. Just like we took shelter at PC from the rain so The Lord needs to be my refuge.

I'm learning so much. I'm wrestling and searching and digging. And I'm loving it. But I'm also scared because I'm finding things that I don't want to deal with right now. The Lord is breaking down walls I've hid behind for years and I'm afraid to be vulnerable. I'm afraid that I won't look like I have it all together, cause I don't. I'm a mess. But I've learned that being a mess does not keep us from Christ or from having faith in Him.

I'm thankful that I encountered The Lord and that I'm not the same person I was two weeks ago. I want to continue to grow. And I want more of Christ.

1 comment:

cal+claire said...

i'm glad that between pine cove and tallowood, you've had a good two weeks! get some rest and then spill the details to me!