7.07.2010

The Best Laid Plans.

I wasn't supposed to quit.

I only suited up for two varsity games. The final season game against Alief Taylor and the first round playoff game against Katy Taylor. We lost both. We weren't very good.

I was supposed to play on varsity.

I walked in freshman year full of myself, my abilities, and my dreams. Being put on JV as a freshman only furthered those notions.

I was supposed to have a letterman jacket.

It was a rough two years on JV. But I finally got the varsity uniform handed to me one tuesday afternoon.

I wasn't supposed to quit.

It was the end of the season so naturally they started to move people up. It was a good sign. Varsity would be mine the next year. Finally.

I was supposed to prove them wrong.

I never stepped foot on the court during those two varsity games. My name was never put on the roster. I never had my picture hanging in the gym.

I wasn't supposed to quit.

I loved basketball. It was what I knew. It was familiar. I was comfortable.

Run.

I'm supposed to be on varsity. I'm not going to give up. That's not for me. I don't give up.

Run.

This has been my one goal for high school. I set out to be on varsity. I'm not letting go.

My plan is perfect.

No. Just...no.

I'm here, and I'm waiting.

This is who I am. I'm not going to give it up.

Let me in.



Welcome home.

I wasn't supposed to quit.






1 comment:

cal+claire said...

So the question now is....